If you are employed or looking to be employed in the Philippines, one important requirement for your first job is a Social Security Number.
It is also optional for separated members, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and non-working spouse of SSS members.
One of the main reasons is the social benefits one can get upon registration and contribution.
Here is the step by step guide on how to secure a Social Security Number for first time employees.
1. A prospective employee should accomplish Personal Record (SS Form E-1). You can get a copy of the form in any SSS branch nationwide or you can also download it from www.sss.gov.ph.
2. You need to bring at least one primary document (e.g., NSO Certified Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver’s License, PRC Card) or two secondary documents (NBI Clearance, Postal ID Card, School ID, TIN Card, Voter’s ID etc.)
READ: How to check loan Balance Online
3. If you are a married person, you should also submit your marriage contract. If you have children, bring copies of their birth certificates, so they could be listed as your beneficiaries.
4. Make sure all information is correct and complete. Remember that you could only have one SSS number for your whole lifetime.
5. Once you are done securing your requirements and filling up your forms, proceed to the New Members Registration Counter to submit them.
After, SSS will provide you a copy of your E1 form with your SSS number at the upper left corner of the form.
Your Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) will be availble for your after applying with atleast 1 month of contribution.