How To Get Your Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) Card

The Unified Multi-Purpose ID card was created in compliance with Executive Order No. 420 requiring all government agencies and government owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs) to streamline and harmonize their identification system. Meanwhile Executive Order No. 700 appointed the social security identification system as the core of the UMID system.

This single ID card serves as identification for all SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG members. It is considered as a valid Primary ID for both government and private transactions. Thus, it will be easier for a UMID card holder to transact in government offices and agencies. Furthermore, the card also offers the owner to view SSS data at any SSS Kiosk.

You can apply for a UMID card at any SSS branch near you, if you are a private employee, self-employed or OFW who is an SSS member.

Do not forget to bring one of any of the primary valid IDs:

 Passport
 Driver’s License
 Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
 Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book, or Seaman’s book

If you do not have any of the IDs mentioned above, you may present 2 of any of the documents listed below:

 Company ID
 School ID
 Postal ID
 Philhealth ID Card
 GSIS Card
 GSIS Certificate of Membership
 Tax Identification Card
 Voter’s Identification Card
 NSO Birth Certificate
 Marriage Contract
NBI Clearance
 Police Clearance
 Senior Citizen Card
 Pag-Ibig Member’s Data Form
 Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
 ID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay, Municipality, or City)
 ID Card issued by Professional Associations
 Baptismal Certificate
 Alien Certificate of Registration
 Transcript of School Records
 Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosive Unit of PNP
 Temporary License issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
 Permanent Residency ID
 Certificate from:
 Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
 Office of Muslim Affairs
 Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
 Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
 Bank Account Passbook

Visit any of the following government agencies to enroll for your UMID card.

• Social Security System branch
• Government Service Insurance System Office
• Pag-IBIG branch or satellite office

Accomplish the UMID form. Make sure to provide accurate information.

For GSIS members, you can download the form here.

For SSS members, you can download the form here.

You can now submit your application form together with your valid IDs for verification. Once verified, your picture, fingerprint scan and signature will be taken in another window.

Wait for 30 days to receive your UMID card by mail. You can follow up to your SSS/Pag-IBIG servicing branch for any delays in delivery.


Still not a member of SSS? Here is a quick guide to register to SSS.